Requirements and benefits of an European Voluntary Service
Who can volunteer?
European Solidarity Corps volunteering activities with us are open to 18–30-year-old people who reside in programme and partner countries of the ESC.
Depending on the project it’s required to be able to speak German at B1 level or another language as mother tongue. Please refer to the info kit to learn more.
What is covered during your ESC experience?
- You are covered by a complementary insurance.
- You can access a range of support services such as linguistic support and two weeklong trainings where you meet other volunteers.
- Your travel to and from the project is covered (up to 275 Euro round trip).
- You’ll receive a year pass to ride the local trains in Stuttgart and Baden-Württemberg for free.
- Your accommodation (single room in a dormitory) is covered.
- You’ll also receive a small allowance for personal expenses (6 Euro a day) as well as food allowance (sum of pocket money and food allowance = 455 Euro per month).
- If you have specific needs (e.g. a disability), these costs may also be covered. Please contact us beforehand if you have specific needs.