Support adults with special needs
Volunteering in Germany (European Solidarity Corps)
Your hosting organisation
Haus St. Elisabeth is a day care centre for adluts with disabilities. 20 adults are cared for by the centre. The focus is on offering individual support and providing activities that suit the guests’ needs. The guests are all adults aged 25 to 80 with different physical and mental disabilities. Activities include individual and group activities, seasonal events, day trips as well as special occasions. Since you will be working with other volunteers, the hosting organisation will offer monthly activities for the team.
Your tasks as a volunteer
- Accompany and support people with disabilities in their daily lives, e.g. baking and cooking
- Support residents in leisure activities: playing, music, sports etc.
- Housekeeping tasks
- Willingness to participate in personal care activities
- 30 vacation days
- 35 weekly hours, 8.30am to 4pm
- Training courses will be provided by the hosting organisation
- Discounted meals are available